Creativity isn't a switch most of us can turn on at will, so the key to being creative and hence, innovative is to view a problem from a different perspective. Necessity is, after all, the mother of innovation, so creating a little artificial necessity automatically stimulates new product, service or business creation.
Here are a few easy ways to flip your innovation switch:
- Imagine the worst that could happen.
- Play the “Why?” game.
- Pretend you just ran out of money.
- Pretend there are no rules.
- Pretend you only have five minutes to solve a problem.
- Imagine perfection.
- Screw up intentionally.
- Take a field trip… and borrow away.
Read full article » www.inc.com/jeff-haden…