The development of investment vehicles to propel social change has evolved significantly over the past decade: from corporate responsibility mandates, microfinance and socially responsible investing to increasingly institutionalized impact investing. We now find ourselves at an important junction, ready to set forth and explore the next stage of investment strategies that will leverage market mechanisms for social impact. Moving beyond simply screening out portfolio companies that may cause social or environmental harm or selecting investments that meet specific responsible investing mandates, this forum sets the stage for the institutional investors, bankers, fund managers and the financial community overall to explore the next generation of impact investing – cutting edge financial innovations that will generate significant financial returns.
We will explore the intricacies of this emerging asset class, including:
- Investing for Impact: A Strategic or Tactical Asset Class?
- Navigating the Landscape: The Opportunities and Structures
- Sector Specific Analysis: exploring opportunities in housing, education, healthcare, infrastructure and others to pay attention to
- Fund Selection and Due Diligence
- Performance, Valuations and Benchmarks
- Developing Investment Vehicles: Understanding the Appetites, Goals and Demands of the Investor
- Liquidity and the Long Term Impact Investment Strategy
Please visit the website for more information and registration.